Welcome to the picturesque town of Velddrif, South Africa. This tranquil fisherman’s village is the ideal destination for getting away from the hustle and bustle. Granny Mac's Self-Catering Guest House is situated in Velddrif and will provide you with a relaxing, luxurious, close to nature, stay. Only 150 km north of Cape Town on the South-African West Coast, it is the ideal destination for overnight visitors, or stay longer and enjoy our West Coast Hospitality.
Granny Mac’s Self-Catering Guest House is situated in a unique setting that makes guests’ feel welcome and at home, from their arrival. The Guest House is situated on a large plot with a garden to be enjoyed and relax in. The braai area lends itself to families enjoying quality time together. The West Coast is the jewel of South-Africa which is still largely unspoiled. For an unforgettable stay, there’s no other place than Granny Mac...
• All units are private with its’ own entrance and separate from the main building;
• Secure parking inside premises;
• We are situated on a large plot with a big garden so one can enjoy the quietness and songs of the birds - relax and enjoy a cup of early morning coffee;
• All units have a relax and homey feel;
• Grace and Peace are both unique, consisting of a small living room with a kitchenette, bedroom and a unique bathroom with a hand-made bath.
• Joy is a loft unit with an open plan bedroom, en-suite bathroom with a unique shower and beautiful decor. Ideal for sleeping over for a wedding, reunion or family gathering. As it has a wooden floor, we only book it together with Grace and Peace for group bookings.
• Harmony is our family unit – it is private with its’ own entrance and separate from the main house and other units. The unit has a homey and cozy feel. Harmony consists of a small living room with a kitchen, one bedroom with a double bed, a second bedroom with three single beds, and a bathroom with a shower. Harmony can accommodate four people. In case of a group booking (conferences, families, friends) we can accommodate a 5th person at an additional cost of R50 per night. Harmony is an excellent place for a weekend away with your family or stay longer to explore the west coast.
• We have a large braai area that guests can enjoy;
• Our place is also ideal for reunions, family gatherings and stay-over for conferences held in town (can accommodate up to 12 people - 5 couples or 8 single people);
• Washing lines available for towels (Laundry facilities in town);
We are walking distance from Bokkom Avenue (Bergriver) - we call it the “river walk”.
We are 5 minutes from the sea which is still mostly undisturbed, and where you can walk for miles along the beach.
If you like nature, birds and a quiet surrounding this is the place to stay.
This is the ideal break-away from the hustle and bustle of city life. Ideal for overnight stay, or stay longer and enjoy all the surrounding towns and come home to a relaxing stay.
The surrounding towns includes: Piketberg, St Helena, Brittania Bay with the spa in Shelly Point, Vredenburg (our business hub), Paternoster (west coast feeling), Tietiesbay, Jacobsbay, Saldanhabay with its huge sea port, Langebaan with its largest saltwater lagoon in South Africa, Club Mykonos and Strandlopertjie, West Coast National Park which are outstanding in flower time and other nearby Parks, West Coast Fossil Park, Rocherpan Nature and Marine Reserve, Yzerfontein, Dwarskersbos with his wonderful beach, Elandsbay, Muisbosskerm, Lambertsbay, Darling with Evita, Trekkoskraal, our own museum, Port Owen Yacht club (where you can take a walk), our harbour and many more!
Bird watchers can enjoy the wide variety of bird life along the river, while taking a stroll through South Africa’s bokkom industry. Enjoy a boat trip on the Berg River and a meal/drink at the Vishuis watching over the Berg River, or come and do whale watching in season. We have two hotels, die Vishuis, die Vaatjie, Doepies take-aways, Pizza Palace and Oupa se koffiestoor if you want to spoil yourself.
Come in August-September and enjoy the beautiful flowers (we are situated on the flower route). You can also sleep late and read the whole day if you want to!